Saturday, December 29, 2007

Top 40 Songs of 2007




I have an obsession with year end lists, I know it, and I'm probably not going to recover from it. But really, I think I am more obsessed with knowing what's going on in the arts. I want to hear all the rave albums I want to see all the best movies, I simply love great art and the enjoyment of experiencing it. It can get ridiculous when judging which piece of great art is better than the other, but we all do it. We have personal preferences and we would never have the same list as someone else, though I enjoy disagreeing with other people's lists ;) So, I will start of my end of the year lists with my favorite, though I think they are the best, 40 songs of the year.

In Alphabetical Order:

  1. All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem (Sound of Silver)
  2. Archangel - Burial (Untrue)
  3. Bushels - Frog Eyes (Tears of the Valedictorian)
  4. Can't Tell Me Nothing - Kanye West (Graduation)
  5. Cindy - Ola Podrida (S/T)
  6. Cold Days From the Birdhouse - The Twilight Sad (Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters)
  7. Creature Fear - Bon Iver (For Emma, Forever Ago)
  8. Dashboard - Modest Mouse (We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank)
  9. D.A.N.C.E. - Justice (Cross)
  10. Distress Signal - Jeremy Casella (Distress Signal)
  11. Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine (The Shepherds Dog)
  12. The Ghost of You Lingers - Spoon (Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga)
  13. He Hit Me - Grizzly Bear (Daytrotter Sessions)
  14. I Can Tell - White Denim (Let's Talk About It)
  15. If Nothing Else - Chris Letcher (Frieze)
  16. Jesus For the Jugular - The Veils (Nux Vomica)
  17. Jigsaw Falling Into Place - Radiohead (In Rainbows)
  18. Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire (Neon Bible)
  19. Marry Me - St. Vincent (Marry Me)
  20. Mistaken For Strangers - The National (Boxer)
  21. My Secret Is My Silence - Roddy Wooble (My Secret is My Silence)
  22. Nantes - Beirut (The Flying Club Cup)
  23. No Cars Go - Arcade Fire (Neon Bible)
  24. No One Would Riot For Less - Bright Eyes (Cassadaga)
  25. Nude - Radiohead (In Rainbows)
  26. One Two Three Four - Feist (The Reminder)
  27. The Opposite of Hallelujah - Jens Lekman (Night Falls Over Kortedala)
  28. The Pelican - Menomena (Friend and Foe)
  29. Pioneer To The Falls - Interpol (Our Love To Admire)
  30. Racing Like A Pro - The National (Boxer)
  31. Saro - Samamidon (N/A)
  32. She Held My Hand - Steven Delopoulos (Straightjacket)
  33. Silent - The Field (From Here We Go To Sublime)
  34. Skinny Love - Bon Iver (For Emma, Forever Ago)
  35. The Temptation of Adam - Josh Ritter (The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter)
  36. Time Is a Lion - Joe Henry (Civilans)
  37. Umbrella - Rihanna (Good Girl Gone Bad
  38. We're All In The Dance - Feist (Paris Je T'Aime Soundtrack)
  39. What We Had - Handsome Furs (Plague Park)
  40. You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb - Spoon (Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga)

1 comment:

Ga said...

I LOVE ur blog! I stumbled on it after listening to the newest Paste CD and falling head over heels in yum w/ Bon Iver...I dig your insight and you seem super plugged into the what is truly stellar in music today(you have a good ear!)! Thanks! I printed out the whole page of artists/albums and info. Keep it up man, u-good!